This is free 10-week programme for family members of those with a substance use or gambling disorder.
Our programme is designed around Community Reinforcement and Family Training (CRAFT), an internationally recognized skills-based programme. CRAFT teaches you how to use this information in a motivational way to increase the chance of the substance user entering treatment.
CRAFT research shows that almost 70% of families who participate in CRAFT programmes are able to get their loved ones to attend treatment.
The Willow Concerned Others’ Programme will educate and support participants so that they can learn a number of skills, including:
- Understanding a loved one’s triggers to use substances
- Positive communication strategies
- Positive reinforcement strategies – rewarding non-using behavior
- Domestic violence precautions
- Getting a loved one to accept help
Our programme will take place through Zoom for the foreseeable future. For more information, to find out when our next programme starts, or to register your interest, please contact us.